Change of Perspective
Three years ago today I was told I was in remission from Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma…Help me celebrate! Look over to the right and click on the silver Go Fund Me button to find out more details…
with in months
The burns from radiation healed.
My hair began to grow back.
My red blood-cell count increased.
It has taken me two and a half years to recover…you see, coming face to face with a cancer diagnosis messes with your head…your life halts, it becomes all about doctor’s appointments…and your mind, well, your mind is INCAPABLE of comprehending all that is being thrown at it…and you stop dreaming…
“Hope deferred makes the heart sick, But when the desire comes, it is a tree of life.” Proverbs 13:12
I will create a bag called “Change of Perspective” that I will give to cancer patients at the center where I received treatment…Because God knows, that my entire life view received a ‘change of perspective’ when I was diagnosed…
When I deliver these bags I will sit with the patient, pray with them, listen to their story, and let them know that there is hope for the future…
I will explain to how looking into the future and dreaming was something that helped me get through the hard days and that while they may have forgotten how to dream the contents of the bag can help guide them to dream again…
Ideally these bundles will include:
– A copy of both the book
– A copy of daily tasks written by Jon Acuff to assist them in finding their passion
– A journal
– A couple of good pens and a highlighter
– A copy of the workbook Leave Nothing Unsaid by: Jody Nolan
– A set of stationary or blank note-cards
– A book of stamps (to implement the Leave Nothing Unsaid workbook)
– examples of work from people who have found their dream and made it a reality (for example; book, product, story)
Pingback: Guest Host: Starve the Doubts... »()
Pingback: Whiz…Zoom…Fly… - Careless in the Care of God()